Saturday, November 26, 2011

Virginia Patriots


We have had a very interesting week with the release of the Virginia Tea Party Patriots endorsements of George Allen for U.S. Senate from the Commonwealth of Virginia . This has created a firestorm that many of us expected. Anybody on that list who didn't want their name used or have changed their minds should contact the Allen Campaign and let them know. Hopefully the Allen Campaign will release another updated list soon because that is the right thing to do.

I would like to thank Sara James for her articles on the subject (Have You Paid Your Dues Tea Partiers) and Tom White for his excellent analysis of the issue (Fight For The Tea Party Vote). Coby Dillard is on the List and you can read Coby's response here (For George Allen).

I have listened to Allen, Radtke and Donner speak on the issues facing us and although I am endorsing George Allen at this time I can honestly say that if Jamie Radtke or Tim Donner were to win the Republican Nomination I would wholeheartedly support them in their campaign to defeat Tim Kaine and Obama's money! Can those opposing Allen say the same thing? I would hope so. I look forward to the Republican Debates.

I am also on the list by choice and I always find it amazing when people who claim to be leaders of Conservative Organizations insist on going out of their way to to humiliate, attack and ridicule people who are their natural allies just because they do not approve of the candidate they are endorsing. True Conservative Leaders build bridges to other Conservative groups. True Conservative Leaders try to persuade you to their point of view without relying on personal attacks. True Conservative Leaders will respect your decision weather they agree with your choice or not. Apparently some of these so called Leaders of Conservative Organizations have resorted to calling people like me Republican Stooges, Cogs in the Republican Machine (paraphrased), question our Conservatism and even our Patriotism. Just who in the HELL do you think you are? Who in the HELL died and made you King or Queen? I will endorse who I want when I want weather you like it or not! I do not tell you who you should support nor do I make judgments about your Conservatism and Patriotism based on who you support.

Although I have had some spirited discussions with a few of my fellow Conservatives I have NEVER questioned their Conservatism and especially their Patriotism. I also do not resort to personal attacks. If any of them thought that I was conducting personal attacks in some of our discussions please except my apologies.

I hope that the so called Leaders of these Conservative Groups will learn that you attract a lot more support with honey than with vinegar! Do not attack your Natural Allies.

Remember the TRUE Enemy out there are the Progressive Democrats and their defeat is JOB 1.

Tony Hall
Richmond Patriots

1 comment:

  1. Tony,
    Great post.
    TEA stands for Taxed Enough Already. Anyone who feels that the government has Taxed Enough Already is part of the tea party movement.
    Attempting to reign in a movement by electing Chairs,paying dues, signing privacy form, threatening litigation, etc is equivalent to the Unions, and that what the VTPPFederation doing.
    In trying to undermine George Allen this weekend, the VTPPFederation only undermined themselves by calling out and alienating well meaning conservatives.
    Radtke (who is still the Chair, no matter how many elections they hold) is using Patriots, their time and their money to promote herself. The VTPPFederation certainly accepted the funding of Ben Marchi and his group Americans For Prosperity for the convention in October 2010. Now that Ben voices his support (and always has) George Allen, he is not conservative enough.
    This is a travesty. We need to stand together to fight against Tim Kaine and the Obama Machine. The further the VTPPFederation separates themselves from the Conservatives/Republican Party, the harder it will be to defeat Tim Kaine. And THEY, the VTPPFederation are playing into the Cloward Piven handbook. Conquer and divide.

    ReplyDelete